Breaking the isolation that is so common among us
Each of us in Sex and Love Addicts Anonymous (S.L.A.A.) knows the confusion and difficulty of walking into our first few meetings, feeling like a newcomer in new surroundings. Whether we took this courageous step out of pain and hopelessness, sought relief from longing and emptiness, or were directed to attend, we move toward recovery by being here.
There are many kinds of meetings, and each has its own personality. If you don’t find quite the right meeting the first time, we suggest attending other meetings; “take what you like and leave the rest.” You will hear a variety of stories from members in recovery from sex and love addiction. Our common denominator is our obsessive/compulsive behavior.
- Here’s where you can find how to get a list of meetings or find a beginner’s meeting
- Use the Meeting Locator map function
- Request a change to full meeting list
- Get more information about what types of meetings are offered in this area
- Get information on special meetings for people with legal consequences associated with their addiciton
- Learn about guidelines for attending meetings and who qualifies to attend
- Find out about activities and events in the Delaware Valley Area for sex and love addicts
For the times when you can’t make it to a local meeting, there are other options as well:
- Across the nation and around the world, click here to Find S.L.A.A. Meetings Near You
- Click here for S.L.A.A. Online Meetings
- Click here for S.L.A.A. Telephone Meetings
S.L.A.A.-GDVI offers its members several activities, opportunities throughout the year to gather and experience fellowship in addition to and outside of meetings. Annually, we offer a Summer Kayak & Canoe Trip, a Fall Spirituality Day and a Winter Overnight Weekend Retreat. Throughout the year, our Social Concerns committee organizes various social events. We have found that GDVI-sponsored activities benefit our recovery through these additional connections with other S.L.A.A. members.
Portions excerpted from © 1997 S.L.A.A. Welcome pamphlet