What To Do With Your Group’s 7th Tradition Contributions? – The 60/40 Plan
Submit Your 7th Tradition Contribution Here: If you’d like to make a personal or group donation to the Delaware Valley Intergroup, you can do it via PayPal here.
Where the money goes. Each S.L.A.A. group has rent and literature expenses to pay and many groups also set aside a prudent reserve to cover these expenses, should contributions drop off for a period of time. Groups meet these expenses and maintain their reserves through practicing the 7th Tradition—being fully self-supporting declining outside contributions—by passing a basket at each meeting for voluntary contributions. Some groups suggest a dollar amount to help keep contribution levels current with the times. Others do not. It is customary for groups to distribute balances in excess of expenses and reserves to the local Intergroup (the regional service body) and to Fellowship-Wide Services (the world service body of S.L.A.A.). Why? According to S.L.A.A.’s 5th Tradition, the primary purpose of each group is to carry its message to the sex and love addict who still suffers. By sending their dollars remaining in excess of expenses and reserves to Intergroup and Fellowship-Wide Services, the groups make it possible to reach sex and love addicts beyond their doors and between meetings. The customary distribution is 60% to a local Intergroup (GDVI for this area) and 40% to Fellowship-Wide Services (FWS) and is made whenever suits each group’s needs (monthly, quarterly, etc.).
60% to Intergroup (GDVI) Click here for information on the services provided by the Greater Delaware Valley Intergroup (GDVI) of S.L.A.A. Because local groups pass the basket and practice the 60/40 Split, GDVI can reach and serve sex and love addicts in the five counties of Southeastern Pennsylvania including Philadelphia, in Lehigh Valley Pennsylvania, Southern New Jersey, and in the State of Delaware.40% to Fellowship-Wide Services (FWS) FWS is the service body through which the international community of S.L.A.A.’s convenes and is served. In addition to the USA and Canada, there are S.L.A.A. meetings in Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Denmark, France, Germany, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, the Middle East, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, and Uruguay. As a result of the sales of S.L.A.A. literature, the 7th Tradition, and the 60/40 Split,FWS provides services such as:
- Maintaining the FWS Office, non-profit organization status, and Website;
- Supporting national and international group and intergroup directories and records;
- Providing assistance and starter kits to groups anywhere in the world;
- Publishing S.L.A.A. Literature in several languages, the FWS Newsletter, and the Journal;
- Producing and shipping more than a 100,000 pieces of S.L.A.A. literature a year;
- Sponsoring the world-level Annual Business Conference/Meeting, a convening of international S.L.A.A. member-representatives. This process facilitates establishing group conscience on matters affecting the fellowship as a whole;
- Helping lone members (individuals who have no meetings available to them) and those in institutions;
- Carrying the S.L.A.A. message through public information and by cooperating, not affiliating, with professionals.
Here is a convenient form to send your group’s support to Intergroup and Fellowship-Wide Services, or to make an individual contribution to the latter. Thank you!
Modified for use by the Greater Delaware Valley Intergroup of S.L.A.A.; excerpted from the pamphlet, Supporting S.L.A.A. The 60/40 Way © 1989 The Augustine Fellowship, Sex and Love Addicts Anonymous