The S.L.A.A. program is best described in our Preamble which is read at the beginning of most S.L.A.A. meetings.The S.L.A.A. Preamble
©1985, 2003, 2012 The Augustine Fellowship, Sex and Love Addicts Anonymous, Fellowship-Wide Services, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.Sex and Love Addicts Anonymous is a Twelve Step, Twelve Tradition-oriented fellowship based
on the model pioneered by Alcoholics Anonymous.
The only qualification for S.L.A.A. membership is a desire to stop living out a pattern of sex and
love addiction. S.L.A.A. is supported entirely through the contributions of its membership and is
free to all who need it.
To counter the destructive consequences of sex and love addiction, we draw on five major
- Sobriety. Our willingness to stop acting out in our own personal bottom-line addictive behavior on a daily basis.
- Sponsorship / Meetings. Our capacity to reach out for the supportive fellowship within S.L.A.A.
- Steps. Our practice of the Twelve Step program of recovery to achieve sexual and emotional sobriety.
- Service. Our giving back to the S.L.A.A. community what we continue to freely receive.
- Spirituality. Our developing a relationship with a Power greater than ourselves which can guide and sustain us in recovery.
As a fellowship S.L.A.A. has no opinion on outside issues and seeks no controversy. S.L.A.A.
is not affiliated with any other organizations, movements or causes, either religious or secular.
We are, however, united in a common focus: dealing with our addictive sexual and emotional
behavior. We find a common denominator in our obsessive/compulsive patterns, which
transcends any personal differences of sexual orientation or gender identity.
We need protect with special care the anonymity of every S.L.A.A. member. Additionally we try
to avoid drawing undue attention to S.L.A.A. as a whole from the public media.
Conference-approved July 25, 2012