About S.L.A.A.’s Greater Delaware Valley Intergroup (GDVI)
GDVI is the intergroup for S.L.A.A. meetings in the Greater Delaware Valley region, which includes the following areas: In Pennsylvania–Philadelphia, Bucks, Chester, Delaware, and Montgomery Counties and the Lehigh Valley. In New Jersey: the Central and Southern counties. We also serve the State of Delaware. Intergroup meetings are open to all S.L.A.A. members. S.L.A.A. groups are encouraged to elect a Group Representative and an Intergroup Alternate Representative to share in attending GDVI meetings, representing your meeting’s Group Conscience at Intergroup.
GDVI holds monthly meetings (info below) to convene and experience the Greater Delaware Valley’s group conscience. Through this service, we also learn what it means to be “trusted servants” and to become “full participants in the fellowship of S.L.A.A.” Meetings include discussion of Intergroup business and the service work of our vital committees. (Those who attend Intergroup regularly usually find themselves inspired to join one or more planning committees.)
Through those committees, we provide support (real time and concrete action) for S.L.A.A. activities on behalf of our member service area and beyond. GDVI’s trusted servants support S.L.A.A. meetings, members and newcomers in the following ways currently:
- Updating and disseminating Meeting Lists of all SLAA groups known to us in our service area
- Stocking and distributing S.L.A.A. Literature so that groups can receive orders as quickly as possible without incurring shipping charges
- Maintaining this Website in order to carry the S.L.A.A. message of recovery to all who wish to find it
- Offering an Information Line, 609-621-SLAA (7522), through which volunteer S.L.A.A. members respond to requests for meeting lists and particularly return calls from individuals wanting to learn more about S.L.A.A. or GDVI
- Providing a 24-hour Inspiration Line, 215-574-2120, that offers a recorded tape of experience, strength and hope
- Organizing and hosting annual winter or spring and fall retreats either full-day or weekend
- Organizing S.L.A.A. social events that are “sober,” fun, build fellowship and real friendship
- Distributing monthly e-mailings of GDVI meeting minutes and GDVI’s monthly newsletter: Headline News, as well as flyers about GDVI-sponsored activities and other S.L.A.A. recovery events
- Sending one or more Delegates (representatives) from GDVI to the Annual Business Meeting of world-wide Intergroups
Greater Delaware Valley Intergroup Monthly Meeting:
2nd Tuesday of every month from 7:00pm to 8:30pm. The address is 444 N. 3rd Street, Suite 307 (we rent space on the 3rd Floor; follow signs to PRO-ACT office), Philadelphia, PA 19123.
Greater Delaware Valley Intergroup Officer Positions:Each year, elections are held for various volunteer officer and administrative positions. Nominations for each position are accepted in the November/December time frame and elections are held in January. Click here for a list of positions and associated descriptions.
Any questions about GDVI business items, local S.L.A.A. issues, etc., should be referred to the GDVI Corresponding Secretary; click here. Members are welcome to request a copy by email of GDVI monthly meeting minutes, the current meeting list, and upcoming events from the Corresponding Secretary.