2023 GDVI 12-Step Retreat
At the Daylesford Abbey
220 South Valley Road, Paoli, PA 19301
Dates: Friday, September 8th – Sunday, September 10th, 2023
Location: Daylesford Abbey, Paoli, PA
RETREAT FULL – REGISTRATION CLOSED
- During the retreat weekend we will read and share on the 12 Steps-together. There will be reading, sharing and writing throughout the weekend. If you have worked on the Steps in this type of format before, you already know its value. If you have not done any study of the Steps, intensive or otherwise, this is a great way to do it, especially the first time. It gives you hope and faith that the program steps work. Regardless of where any one individual is in the Step study process, we are able to learn from sharing our experience, strength and hope with each other.
- There will be leaders and speakers selected at random by all participants in attendance on the Friday introduction of the weekend. We trust our Higher Power in this process and know whoever is chosen to speak or lead is strengthening their own recovery and offering value to ours. The weekend uses the S.L.A.A. basic text (no electronic devices are to be used during the meeting sessions).
- Must be a member of Sex and Love Addicts Anonymous or think you have a problem with Sex and Love addiction
- You must arrive before Friday 7:30pm to participate in the retreat weekend.
- There is an optional Yankee swap gift exchange entertainment on Saturday evening along with a fundraiser silent auction held all day Saturday.
- There will be service opportunities offered when registering and a required service sign up at the retreat for all participants.
Cost: There are choices for commuter and non-commuter weekend. Scholarships available upon request.
- NON-COMMUTER WEEKEND: Participation in all meetings, weekend workshops and activities, six meals, a single bedroom, shared hall bathrooms – $395
- COMMUTER WEEKEND: Participation in all meetings, weekend workshops and activities, six meals. No overnight stay – $215
Any questions: please contact retreat coordinator
Meals: Six meals are included for both commuter and non-commuter participants. Contact retreat coordinator if you have to provide your own food for personal or religious reasons. Friday (dinner), Saturday (breakfast, lunch and dinner), Sunday (breakfast and lunch). A freezer, refrigerator and microwave are available to all participants in the upstairs lounge. Coffee & tea are also freely available throughout the weekend.
- To receive a FULL REFUND, the retreat date must be made in writing by emailing the retreat coordinator before July 28, 2023.
- If you selected split payment for a non-commuter, no refunds will be offered.
- Cancellations made less than 6 weeks (after July 28, 2023) prior to the retreat date must be made in writing by emailing the retreat coordinator and may receive a credit towards a future in person retreat only.
- Any cancellation after July 28, 2023 will not receive a refund or credit.
- GDVI and coordinators reserve the right to cancel any weekend if it does not receive at least 15 reservations by the respective registration dates. You will be refunded in full if this occurs.
- There is no sobriety requirement to attend, but participants MUST STAY SOBER DURING THE WEEKEND. This ensures that everyone can attend in safety and work together to expand our recovery. People will be asked to leave if they do not abide by this rule.
Come early Friday/Stay Sunday for Fellowship. Meet other attendees by arriving early, offer to do service, take a stroll on the Abbey grounds. Friday begins promptly at 7pm and Sunday ends at 2:15pm, please consider that in the planning of your trip.
RETREAT FULL – REGISTRATION CLOSED
Registration is full.